09 Dec All You Need to Know About the New Covid-19 Regulations Affecting the Domestic Helper Services in Singapore
Despite the increased demand for domestic helpers in Singapore, COVID 19 pandemic has brought about many challenges to the manpower industry. With new rules and regulations requiring stringent adherence, finding the ideal domestic helper could turn out to be a bit of a daunting task.
However, with the help of an experienced domestic helper services agency you could easily hire a domestic helper without having to personally put yourself through the stress and the hassle of the process.
When hiring a domestic helper during the COVID-19, there are several important rules and regulations implemented by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) that you must consider.
The New Regulatory Requirements
1. Domestic Helpers Must be Fully Vaccinated
The workers should have received the full regimen of vaccination at least 14 days before arriving in Singapore.
2. Employer or the Employment Agency Must Obtain an In-Principle Approval for The Worker’s Entry
The new regulations require that the employer obtain an entry approval for the domestic helper that they wish to employ before they arrive in Singapore. This entry approval is valid for 72 hours only.
3. The Helper/ Worker Must Produce a Negative Covid-19 PCR Test Result on Arrival
It is also required that all foreign domestic workers entering Singapore have a valid negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test obtained within 48 hours of departure. The results must come from an internationally accredited or recognized laboratory of the respective country. Furthermore, the report should be In English (or accompanied by an English translation).
It should also contain the following essential information.
- COVID-19 test results and date of the test;
- Name of helper:
- Date of Birth or Passport number (per the passport used to travel to Singapore.)
4. The Helper/Worker Must Serve a Stay Home Notice (SHN) Period at a Dedicated Facility
The workers must directly proceed to the assigned SHN dedicated facility arranged and paid by the employer or the employment agency and serve the required stay home notice period. The SHN period would depend on the country of origin. Some countries are excluded from the SHN period.
The helper also must produce another Negative PCR COVID-19 test result before the end of the SHN period. The cost of the test should be borne by the employer/agency.
Visit https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/wphl/shn-and-swab-summary for country-specific information.
5. The Helper/Worker Must Take a Serology Test at a Public Health Preparedness Clinic Within 14 Days of Completing Self Isolation
Helpers who were vaccinated overseas must take a serology test at an approved Public Health Preparedness Clinic to confirm their vaccination status, within 14 days of completing SHN/ self-isolation.
6. The Employers Must Purchase Compulsory Medical Insurance Cover with a Minimum of S$ 10,000 before the helper arrives in Singapore
In case they develop any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival this will cover the related expenses.
7. The Employers Must Provide the workers with a Singapore Mobile Connection
The mobile should have access to the internet and come with WhatsApp installed.
Why Use Domestic Helper Services?
- Research for you
- Provide you with a large selection of new domestic helpers or offer you the option of maid transfer service
- Match you against the ideal candidate for your requirements
- Handle the administrative process for you
- Ensure that your needs and expectations are met throughout the process and beyond
Hiring a helper is a wise investment that allows you a better work-life balance. With Covid-19 and the additional steps surrounding the administrative process and the number of precautions, obtaining the services of a reputable manpower agency such as Femme5 would make it a stress-free process for you.
Call 8855 5551 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team at Femme5 will find the perfect fit for you.